TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*All times are local UK time.
By using "our website" any "online
booking service" or by "checking in" using our self-check-in facility
you are agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions detailed below which form the basis of your
contract with St Albans Guest House.
In the Terms & Conditions set out
below, "Guests", "you" and "your party"
refers to all persons in your
party and or named on the booking/registration form, which includes
any individual/s subsequently added or substituted at a later date.
"Guest House", "we", "us" and "our" all refer to St Albans Guest
Please print and retain a copy
of this Agreement for your records as it may occasionally be updated.
Making a booking / checking in
By making a booking / checking in you are confirming that you are
authorised to do so on behalf of all persons in your party
and or named in the booking form and you are acknowledging that
all members of your party agree to be bound by these
- All bookings are payable in advance (Non-refundable rate at time of booking and Flexible rate at time cancellation period runs out).
In the event of a failed card you will be contacted by email offering you a limited time to update your card to prevent cancellation of your booking. Cards accepted online: Visa, Mastercard and most debit cards.
Card Holder -
Bookings are only accepted by the person who is the genuine cardholder.
The card used is required to be in the guests name, unless the genuine cardholder is paying for the guest, then we require the cardholder authorisation to take payment with a photo of the front face of the card as proof of cardholder name.
This is to comply with Visa/MasterCard rules, in the interests of preventing fraud in protecting the genuine cardholder against fraudulent use of their card...
Tax/VAT - No Tax or VAT payable on reservations.
- We only accommodate Adults and Children 10 years and over (No babies, Children under 10 years of age)
with a maximum of 1 person in a single room, or 2 persons in a double or twin room.
Animals, Pets and Guide dogs are not allowed in the premises due to allergies.
CCTV is monitored 24/7
- If it is found that you brought additional persons into the propety you will be asked to leave, and your booking cancelled with no refund!
- We have Luggage storage lockers for day use at our Reception area (cost £1/€1 per each key use). Also available pre-check-in and after check-out.
Personal belongings are restriced to travel related items only in the bedrooms, no Bicycles or smelly ointments that we consider
could cause damage to the premises, disrupt the comfort and enjoyment or cause offence to other guests, our members of staff and their health and safety.
- Earliest Check-in 14:00, Latest Check-in 00:00 (midnight). Latest Check-out 10:00.
No Smoking / No Vaping
- Guests are not permitted to
smoke or vape in the building. Should there be any evidence that smoking has taken place you and your party will be asked to leave
(your booking cancelled) and pay £100 to provide for the cost of decontamination to protect our staff and future guests.
- We reserve the right and you hereby
authorise us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to
your room/s or the Guest House during your stay (including without limitation
specialist cleaning) or for any items that are missing when you leave.
Quite Hours Policy and Guest Behaviour
- Guests are required to keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 23:00 - 07:00, and to conduct themselves appropriately at all times, to have respect for the smooth running of the Guest House, its property and not to disrupt the comfort and enjoyment or cause offence to other guests, our members of staff and their health and safety. We reserve the right to refuse accommodation or services to you and members of your party (you will be asked to leave), if in our reasonable opinion we consider this provision to have been breached. Where this is the case we shall have no obligation to refund you for lost accommodation, other services or any other loss or expense incurred.
No Show - your booking will be cancelled and the total price of the reservation remains payable (no refund).
All reservation that are Non-Refundable or with less than 3 full days before arrival are non-refundable, and cannot be modified (date changed) and the total price of the reservation remains payable (no refund).
- Guest House accepts no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result
of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, pandemic, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters,
other acts of God, acts of terrorism, forced to close by government, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers,
vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
Limitation of Liability
will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any Guests vehicle parked at or near to the Guest House. We will not be responsible for the loss or
damage of any Guests property left in the Guest House. We will not be liable for any indirect, consequential loss or pure economic loss (whether caused by our
negligence, its employees, agents or otherwise).